Connecting the past to the present, this program compares Mr. Emory’s 2000 ruminations on the probable results of a George W. Bush presidency with the outcome of his first four-plus years in office. Recorded on Labor Day weekend of 2000 (the official kickoff of the presidential campaign), FTR#248 drew on other broadcasts for information about the Bush family’s political heritage, noting that George W. Bush’s running mate and advisers were drawn from the entourage that surrounded his father and Ronald Reagan. In this program, we examine excerpts from FTR#248, comparing them with major developments from the George W. Bush years. As we will see, the events of those years are deadly echoes of the warnings provided by Mr. Emory in early September of 2000. Warning of the Bush business connections to the bin Laden family, Mr. Emory said, in effect, that if you take George Bush, you’ll get Osama bin Laden. In addition, FTR#248 warned that the elder Bush set up the networks used for the Iran-Contra affair. The drug-smuggling operations stemming from those networks were used by Mohammed Atta and company to infiltrate the US in preparation for the 9/11 attacks. Indeed, the Middle East during the Reagan/Bush years became a veritable “covertistan,” with our “enemies” in Iraq and Iran benefiting from the elder Bush’s Iran-Contra and Iraqgate machinations. Under the reign of George W.Bush, those locales are being revisited with what might be accurately called “a vengeance.”
Program Highlights Include: Discussion of the deliberately manufactured “oil shortage” of the late 1970’s and the role of the elder Bush and the Saudis in creating it; the enormous run-up in oil prices under the reign of the younger Bush; the role of Thyssen-Bornemisza Industries subsidiary HIS in generating the “Peak Oil” rationale for the oil price increase; the historical relationship between the Bush family and the Thyssen interests (prominent backers of Hitler and pivotal element of the Bormann organization); discussion of the bombing of Pan Am 103; analysis of Pan Am 103 as a possible paradigm for the 9/11 attacks; review of the elder George Bush’s role in cementing the Nazi émigré elements in the GOP as a permanent fixture; comparison between the central and eastern European fascist elements shepherded by the elder Bush and the Islamofascist Muslim Brotherhood presence in the GOP’s ethnic outreach branch.
1. In FTR#248, Mr. Emory noted that if you take George Bush, you’ll get Osama bin Laden. Foreshadowing the 9/11 attacks, Mr. Emory noted in that program that the Bin Laden family appear to have helped finance George W. Bush’s first petroleum venture—Arbusto Energy. The Bush family has a long history of investing with America’s enemies, as will be seen below with discussion of the Bush family’s involvement with the Thyssen industrial interests and the Hamburg-Amerika Line. From the description for FTR#248: “In an excerpt of FTR#182, the broadcast reviews business connections between Bin Laden’s family and George W. Bush. (Fortunate Son; J. H. Hatfield; St. Martin’s Press; copyright 1999.) Bush’s Arbusto Energy company was begun, in part, with money from one James R. Bath. Bath’s reputed associations run from the Central Intelligence Agency to the failed BCCI. The later was a financial institution involved in drug dealing, terrorism and arms trafficking. (It was used by Oliver North for some of his Iran-Contra machinations.) (For more on BCCI, see also Miscellaneous Archive Show M-51, as well as FTR-29.) Bath was the Texas business representative for Bin Laden’s family and the money he used to help start Arbusto may very well have come, in part, from Bin Laden’s family.”
2. In that same program from Labor Day weekend of 2000, Mr. Emory noted that the advisory personnel and running mate of George W. Bush were taken from the administration of his father. Predicting that a George W. Bush administration would manifest the same devastating phenomena that characterized the operations of his father, Mr. Emory revisited Bush I’s crafting of the structures that were used for the Iran-Contra and Iraqgate scandals. As noted in FTR#’s 482, 483, 484, 498, 499 Mohamed Atta and many of the key 9/11 hijackers infiltrated through protected drug networks that were linked to the Iran-Contra drug smuggling operations! From the description for FTR#248; “Excerpting FTR-174, the broadcast focuses on Bush and the world of “international terrorism.” (The Secret War Against the Jews: How Western Espionage Betrayed the Jewish People, by John Loftus and Mark Aarons; St. Martin’s Press; copyright 1994; ISBN 0–312-11057X; pp. 407–409; p. 429.) Having chaired the Vice-President’s Task Force on Counter-Terrorism, George H.W. Bush oversaw and implemented recommendations issuing from that Task Force. In a series of National Security Decision Directives, Bush was given command of what authors John Loftus and Mark Aarons describe as ‘his (Bush’s) own private spy agency,’ and ‘a White House within the White House.’ (See FTR-29.) Ostensibly created to provide a rapid, prophylactic response to ‘international terrorism,’ these networks became the primary vehicles for the realization of the ill-fated, illegal and treasonous Iran-Contra and Iraqgate schemes. Far from being ‘out of the loop,’ as he claimed, George Bush was the primary player in both affairs. (Idem.) His ‘private spy agency’ was the most significant element in the both the administration and implementation of the operations. (Idem.)”
3. Next, the program recapitulates material from FTR#248 that highlights the investigation into the bombing of Pan Am 103. “ . . . [The program] reviews George Bush Sr.‘s presence at a meeting with (among others) Army intelligence agents McKee and Gannon. (The excerpt is taken from FTR-228.) This meeting had been a major point of interest for Iran-Contra Special Prosecutor Lawrence Walsh. (Iran-Contra: The Final Report; published by Times Books.) Both McKee and Gannon were killed in the bombing of Pan Am flight 103. (Gideon’s Spies; Gordon Thomas; Thomas Dunne; copyright 1999.) (The name of arms and drug dealer Monzer Al-Kassar has come up in connection with the bombing of Pan Am 103. The Pan Am insurance investigator’s report claimed that Al-Kassar was the author of the bombing and that the attack was allowed to go forward in order to silence McKee and Gannon. Al-Kassar was pivotally involved in the Iran-Contra scandal. (For more on Pan Am 103, Monzer Al-Kassar, George Bush and the Iran-Contra scandal, see RFA #‘s 32, 35, 38 and FTR #‘s 5, 29, 51, 61, 103, 109.)” Mr. Emory notes that the (badly attenuated) investigation of Pan Am 103 was conducted by Robert Mueller, who—as head of the FBI—has proved less than vigorous in pursuing the financial evidence in the 9/11 case. As discussed in RFA#’s 35, 38—available from Spitfire—it appears that the bomb that destroyed Pan Am 103 was secreted aboard the plane under the guise of a “controlled drug delivery” that was part of an intelligence-connected drug operation. With several of the key 9/11 hijackers having infilt
rated the US through similarly protected drug-delivery networks, the possibility that the bombing of Pan Am 103 may have served as something of a paradigm for 9/11 is one to be seriously considered.
4. Side two of the program begins with review of collaboration between the Saudis, the major oil companies and the CIA under the elder George Bush. This collaboration created a phony oil shortage that served to justify massive price increases at the pump, the destabilization of the Carter administration and the massive military buildup that took place under the Reagan administration. Mr. Emory points out that this massive increase in the price of oil has been recapitulated under the administration of George W. Bush and Dick Cheney—both former petroleum industry CEO’s from the state of Texas. (Former more about this oil shortage, see—among other programs— FTR#506.) From the description for FTR#248: “Recapitulating a section of FTR-214, the discussion highlights the phony ‘oil shortage’ of the late 1970’s against the background of the allegedly real ‘oil shortage’ of the year 2000. (The Secret War Against the Jews; pp. 333–335.) (For an in-depth interview with John Loftus about this book, see FTR-29.) In this important and extensively footnoted volume, the authors draw on veteran American and British intelligence officers in order to document collusion among elements of George Bush’s CIA, the petroleum industry and the government of Saudi Arabia. Together, these elements fabricated an alleged Soviet petroleum shortfall, as well as a phony ‘decline’ in Saudi oil production. Career oil industry professional George Bush gave Jimmy Carter a CIA report that falsely forecast a world-wide oil shortage. (Idem.) The report also ruminated about the possibility that the Soviets might invade the Middle East in order to augment allegedly failing domestic production. The goal of the report was to influence Jimmy Carter to increase oil production and to mandate weapons sales to Saudi Arabia in order to ‘defend against the Soviet menace.’ (Idem.) Carter Energy Secretary James Schlesinger instead responded with a program of conservation. This enraged the petroleum interests, which then responded with the phony ‘gas shortage’ of 1979. This gas shortage helped to propel Jimmy Carter from office. (Schlesinger had resigned his post earlier in Carter’s administration.) Former CIA director Bush became Vice-President under Reagan and (according to some sources) became ‘power behind the throne.’ Eventually, it became evident that the CIA report was false, and that the Middle East was swimming in oil. Nonetheless, the CIA/Saudi/petroleum industry fraud was successful in conning consumers into accepting dramatically higher gasoline prices, destabilizing the Carter administration, and persuading Congress and the President to authorize a Saudi military buildup. That Saudi build-up tipped the military balance of power in favor of the Arabs. Most importantly, the phony oil shortage set the stage for an unprecedented military build-up during the Reagan administrations. That military build-up tripled the U.S. national debt in eight years.”
5. The astounding increase in oil prices is being ascribed, in part, to the notion of “Peak Oil”—the contention that a combination of limited supply and increasing demand has brought us to an impasse at which massive price increases for petroleum are necessary and permanent. As discussed in FTR#506, the epicenter of Peak Oil advocacy is HIS—an energy-consulting subsidiary of Thyssen-Bornemisza industries. In FTR#248, Mr. Emory noted the history of the Bush family’s involvement with the Thyssen interests, and the Thyssens central role in the Bormann group. From the description for FTR#248: “The program begins with an excerpt of FTR-186. (The text is excerpted from The Secret War Against the Jews: How Western Espionage Betrayed the Jewish People, by John Loftus and Mark Aarons; St. Martin’s Press; copyright 1994; ISBN 0–312-11057X.) The discussion focuses on the profound involvement of George Herbert Walker (W’s great grandfather) and his son-in-law Prescott Bush Sr. in the financing of the German industrial concerns that backed Hitler. (The Secret War Against the Jews; pp. 358–9; 36061.) Prescott Bush, Sr., is the father of the former President and CIA Director and the grandfather of ‘W.’) The Walker-Bush involvement with the investment firm Brown Brothers, Harriman & Company is a major focal point of the broadcast. (Idem.) . . . The discussion underscores the strong connections between Walker, Prescott Bush Sr. and Fritz Thyssen. (Thyssen was a German steel maker and one of Hitler’s earliest and most prominent financial backers. The Walker-Thyssen relationship began in 1924. (Idem.)” For more about the Bush/Thyssen relationship, see FTR#370. More information about this connection is to be found in the book Martin Bormann: Nazi in Exile, available on this website (see above). The information in the Manning text is supplemented by the documents included in the Bush Family Fortune website.
6. The program concludes with recapitulation of information about the Nazi genesis of the Republican Party’s ethnic heritage branch. The elder George Bush played a key role in making this Nazi branch of the GOP a permanent institution. Mr. Emory notes that this, too, was prescient. In FTR#’s 356, 357, 415, 435, 454, 514, 515, we examined the incorporation of the Islamofascist Muslim Brotherhood into the GOP’s ethnic outreach structure under the supervision of Grover Norquist, Karl Rove and Bush crony Talat Othman. Like the other central and eastern European fascist elements incorporated into the GOP’s ethnic outreach branch, the Muslim Brotherhood collaborated with the Third Reich and then jumped to the CIA after the war. From the description for FTR#248: “The program also excerpts FTR-186 (and the Loftus/Aarons text) with a look at George Sr.‘s involvement with the Nazi émigré milieu that spawned the Republican Ethnic Heritage Organization, literally a Nazi wing of the Republican party. (The Secret War Against the Jews; pp. 369–71.) A close political ally of Richard Nixon’s, George Bush midwived the formal inclusion of the Nazi ‘ethnics’ in the GOP, utilizing his position as chairman of the Republican National Committee. (For more on this subject see also: RFA #‘s 36, 37, Miscellaneous Archive Shows M-24 and M-29, as well as FTR #‘s 29, 48, 113.) Bush later used this same Nazi émigré network in his 1988 presidential campaign. (Idem.)”