MP3: Side 1 | Side 2
Revisiting heroic investigative journalist Daniel Hopsicker, this broadcast updates the audience on some recent litigation in which he has been involved, as well as touching on the substance of some of his recent articles. Overmatched by the financial and legal artillery brought to bear by some of his formidable adversaries—individuals investigated by Daniel in conjunction with the activities surrounding the 9/11 attacks—he has been forced to capitulate due to a simple lack of resources. An individual identified by Daniel as the owner of a convenience store at which some of the 9/11 hijackers congregated sued him and forced a retraction. The store was actually owned by his brother-in-law. Relatives also owned others of this individual’s assets. A former lawyer for CIA operative and Iran-Contra drug trafficker Barry Seal sued Daniel as well. So did a German pilot, who frequented the South Florida milieu of the 9/11 hijackers. Stephan Verharen then took out a web address using Daniel’s name! A writer who won’t be facing the litigious firing squad confronted by Daniel is writing an account of the Florida doings of Mohamed Atta and company—presented as fiction! Alerted to a November 2001 article from the Los Angeles Times that corroborates his account of the German associates of Atta and company in Florida, Daniel and Mr. Emory spend much of the second side of the program excerpting the story and ruminating about it. The program concludes with synoptic accounts of some of Daniel’s recent investigative pieces.
Program Highlights Include: Discussion of a recent Madcow article detailing the use of a plane placed at the disposal of the McCain campaign; discussion of the use of that plane to evacuate prominent Saudis from the United States in the immediate aftermath of 9/11; a synoptic account of a Madcow story setting forth the crash of a CIA-connected drug plane connected to the 9/11 attacks; the death in the crash of that drug plane of a prominent Venezuelan executive of Smartmatic, the parent company of Sequoia Voting Systems; review of the links between Smartmatic and Hugo Chavez; brief analysis of a Guyanese pilot connected to the milieu of Mohamed Atta and the 9/11 hijackers.
1. Much of the first side of the program highlights recent lawsuits against Daniel, which—regrettably—have gone against him, primarily due to the fact that he has not had enough money to successfully sustain the legal wrangling to a satisfactory conclusion. In this context, it is significant that the tactic of using litigation to suppress truth has become a tactic pursued by many of the individuals and elements implicated in the 9/11 attacks. The enormous petroleum wealth possessed by the Saudis and other Islamic reactionaries permits them to hammer those who are not as rich. Author Rachel Ehrenfeld is among those who have been burned by elements implicated in 9/11. Many of the litigants have filed suit in the United Kingdom, whose laws on slander and defamation are favored toward those who would suppress truth.
2. In discussion of a high-level employee of corrupt defense contractor Titan Corp., Daniel notes that the convenience store linked to Mohamed Atta and other 9/11 hijackers in South Florida was actually owned by the individual’s brother-in-law, as were other important assets which have figured in analysis of this individual in the past. According to Daniel, the individual in question has used relatives to assume nominal proprietary rights to key assets in order to maintain an opaque status concerning their ownership.
3. Reviewing another of the litigants who has pursued him, he related the story of one of the German pilots who associated with Atta and company in Florida. This individual—Stephan Verharen has taken out a domain name based on Daniel’s name!
4. Yet another of the litigants who has vexed Daniel is an attorney for Barry Seal, a CIA agent and key player in numerous intelligence-related imbroglios from the events in and around the assassination of President Kennedy to the cocaine traffic figuring in the Iran-Contra scandal.
5. Concluding the first side of the program, we highlighted some of the Russian mob connections to the flight schools and drug trafficking that figured in the South Florida aviation milieu in which Mohamed Atta and company were involved.
6. Adding an interesting item that is apposite to Mr. Emory’s work on the Nazi political novel Serpent’s Walk and FTR#385 [dealing with the Steve Shagan novel The Formula], Daniel noted that another writer is going to be publishing a “fictional” work incorporating the story of Mohamed Atta and company’s activity in South Florida. That, of course, has been the focal point of Daniel’s work in Welcome to Terrorland and many of his investigative pieces on www.madcowprod.com.
7. Daniel has published Welcome to Terrorland in paperback, with two additional chapters, dealing with some of the Russian mob connections to Atta and company’s activities in South Florida.
8. The second side of the program was improvisational and focused on an article from the Los Angeles Times that Mr. Emory set forth in FTR#336. An article from 11/15/2001 highlighted a German roommate of Ziad Jarrah, one of the 9/11 hijackers who trained in South Florida. He complained about the notoriety and surveillance to which he had been subjected as a result of his association with Jarrah and noted that NONE OF THE OTHER GERMANS AND AUSTRIANS MOVING IN AND OUT OF THIS MILIEU WERE DEALT WITH IN A SIMILAR MANNER!
(“Suspicion Hangs over hijack Suspect’s Ex-Roommate” by Carol J. Williams; Los Angeles Times; 11/15/2001; p. A4.)
9. In addition, the program touched on a number of recent articles written by Daniel. With election year upon us, it is interesting to take stock of the fact that a plane placed at the service of McCain’s campaign by one of his many lobbyists was used to ferry Saudi royals out of the United States in the immediate aftermath of 9/11. Tellingly [and predictably] the major media focused on the possibility that McCain may have executed a “soft landing” on the lobbyist, rather than on the aircraft and its past passengers.
(“John McCain’s Sweet Ride: Lobbyist’s Plane Flew Saudi Royals after 9/11” by Daniel Hopsicker; Madcowprod.com; 2/27/2008.)
10. Supplementing Daniel’s coverage of the intelligence-connected drug trafficking milieu through which Atta and company infiltrated South Florida, the broadcast referenced an article about a Guyanese pilot linked to the drug trafficking and [apparently] elements of the CIA.
(“CIA Drug Pilot Linked to Russian Mob” by Daniel Hopsicker; Madcowprod.com; 5/21/08.)
11. A fascinating development concerns the death of Jose Alfredo Anzola—a Venezuelan national with links to the corrupt Smartmatic voting machine company. [Smartmatic is the parent company of Sequoia Voting Systems.] This individual died in the crash of a CIA-connected drug plane. In FTR#576, we looked at the links of this milieu to both Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez and economic elements linked to the Underground Reich through some of the elements of the old I.G. Farben complex. The crashed drug plane had links to elements of the milieu involved in the 9/11 attacks, including evidentiary tributaries running in the direction of Wally Hilliard, the owner of Huffman Aviation.
(“The Mother of All Scandals? Drug Pilot, Election Exec Killed on CIA Plane” by Daniel Hopsicker; 5/7/2008.)