MP3: Side 1  | Side 2 
Introduction: As election day approaches in this remarkable year, the broadcast takes a look at a pivotal incident from the 1972 race that has been eclipsed–the shooting and crippling of former Alabama governor George Wallace . With the segregationist icon Wallace out of the way, Nixon’s “Southern Strategy” of sweeping the racist vote and the deep South in particular was in a position to succeed. In late 2007, Arthur Bremer–the alleged assailant of George Wallace–was released from prison, a forgotten, though not unimportant historical figure. Although history has recorded Bremer as the perpetrator of the Wallace shooting, the evidence suggests otherwise. Seized on the spot of the shooting, paraffin tests on Bremer were negative, indicating that he did not fire a gun. Of perhaps greater significance is the existence of numerous evidentiary tributaries connecting the Wallace shooting to Watergate, as well as the assassinations of President Kennedy , Dr. Martin Luther King  and Robert Kennedy . All of these killings, like the Wallace shooting, have been attributed to “lone nuts,” acting independently and with no connection to the other assassins. The fact of significant links between these acts argues that American civic and journalistic process has failed in a fundamental way, remaining willfully oblivious to the existence of a successfully lethal engine of political murder. This engine has become the ultimate determinant of American governance. With an incendiary campaign being run by John McCain and Sarah Palin against the first major party African-American candidate in history, the lessons of the Wallace shooting and the “governmental gun play” that has decided American electoral reality must be understood, if a repetition of the past is to be avoided.
Program Highlights Include: The professional relationship between Arthur Bremer’s sister and an apparent handler of Sirhan Sirhan (the alleged assassin of Robert F. Kennedy); the possibility that both Bremer and Sirhan may have been hypno-programmed by the same individual; the legal representation of Arthur Bremer’s brother by Ellis Rubin, who was representing some of the Watergate burglars at the same time; links between the American United organization and elements figuring in New Orleans District Attorney Jim Garrison’s investigation of President Kennedy’s assassination; the presence of Ed Butler at an American United press conference alleging that Sirhan worked for Fidel Castro and the communists; review of Butler’s pivotal role in arranging a broadcast in which Lee Harvey Oswald proclaimed his Marxist sympathies ; the possibility that American United leader Anthony Hilder may have had foreknowledge of the assassination of Martin Luther King; review of the links between alleged RFK shooter Thane Eugene Caesar and both the CIA and Lockheed; review of Lockheed security director James Golden’s role as security director of Nixon’s 1968 campaign.
1. Beginning with the release of the “Arthur” for whom the program is named, the broadcast sets forth the release of Arthur Bremer, convicted of shooting former Governor of Alabama George Wallace.
“In the frigid hours before dawn last Friday, Arthur Bremer emerged from the Maryland Correctional Institution in Hagerstown. He looked far different from the man who entered in 1972 for shooting Alabama Gov. George Wallace, leaving him paralyzed from the waist down. Gone were the blond head of hair and eerily cemented smile; now 57, Bremer is balding and paunchy, with a long, gray beard. Sporting civilian clothes and bearing three boxes of belongings, he exited through the prison’s rear delivery gate and was whisked away in a convoy of six dark vehicles carrying state and federal law-enforcement officers. His destination was unknown, his prospects uncertain. . . .”
2. While in custody, Bremer displayed behavior that reinforces the theory that Bremer may have been under mind control. Sirhan Sirhan also began climbing the bars of his prison cell when interrogated about his [alleged] shooting of Robert F. Kennedy. As will be seen below, there are a number of evidentiary tributaries connecting the assassination of Robert F. Kennedy and the shooting of George Wallace. Some researchers have suggested the possibility of a common link in the alleged mind control of both Bremer and Sirhan.
” . . . (He [George Wallace III], too, reached out to Bremer in the early 1990s and suggested a meeting. Bremer’s response, according to the account Wallace’s son says two FBI agents gave him: ‘He jumped up on the bars of his cell … and started making sounds like a monkey.’) ‘While he has complied with the laws of Maryland,’ says Wallace, ‘is he as stable as you would want?’ . . . “
3. A major figure in the Southern resistance to racial integration, Governor Wallace had run as a third party candidate in 1968, garnering 20% of the popular vote. Focused on sweeping the racist vote, particularly in the South, the Nixon campaign was fearful that a Wallace third party candidacy in 1972 might threaten the success of that “Southern Strategy.” When Wallace was disabled by gunfire, that possibility was removed.
4. Although the real would-be assassin of George Wallace has never been revealed, the evidence that Arthur Bremer was a patsy is strong. Arthur Bremer was seized on the spot in Laurel, Maryland (where the shooting took place). When paraffin tests were performed on Bremer, they were negative, indicating that Bremer had not fired a gun. How could Bremer have shot Wallace if the paraffin tests were negative? (“The Shooting of George Wallace” by former FBI agent William W. Turner, contained in Government by Gunplay  edited by Sid Blumenthal and Harvey Yazijian and published in soft cover by Signet Books. This information, like most of the content of the first side of the program is excerpted from Miscellaneous Archive Show M22, recorded in July of 1988.)
5. Critical evidence in the shooting of George Wallace concerns the evidentiary tributaries connecting the Wallace shooting to America’s other assassinations and political scandals. In this context, it is important to recall that the official versions of the assassinations of President Kennedy, Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King, as well as the Wallace shooting, assert that lone nuts performed all of these acts. Yet an intelligent and thorough study of these events finds significant links between the milieux of these “lone nuts” and the acts they supposedly perpetrated.
6. In AFA#9 , we examined the Reverend Jerry Owen, a right-wing evangelist in the Los Angeles area who appears to have been one of Sirhan Sirhan’s handlers. (Sirhan was the alleged assassin of Robert F. Kennedy. The evidence that Sirhan was a patsy is quite strong—the significance of Jerry Owen lies in his manipulation of the patsy and what this tells us about the forces that arranged for Robert F. Kennedy’s murder.) One of Jerry Owen’s associates and religious followers was a woman named Gail Aiken, who was Arthur Bremer’s sister! Note in this context that Robert Kennedy’s assassination removed RFK as a formidable opponent for Richard Nixon in the 1968 Presidential campaign. The shooting of George Wallace removed a potentially troublesome factor for Nixon in the 1972 race. (The Assassination of Robert F. Kennedy  by William W. Turner and John Christian; Random House [HC]; 1978.)
7. Ultimately, Nixon was removed from office by the Watergate scandal. Interestingly, and possibly significantly, Ellis Rubin, the Florida attorney who also represented many of the Watergate burglars, represented Arthur Bremer’s brother. The Watergate burglars were veterans of the CIA and the Bay of Pigs invasion. When veteran CIA officers become legally entangled, they are usually represented by attorneys who also have links to the Agency. Is that the case with Ellis Rubin? What does this tell us about the brother of “lone nut” Arthur Bremer? (Idem.)
8. The available evidence suggests that Sirhan Sirhan—accused assassin of Robert F. Kennedy—was a victim of mind control . Like Bremer, he was observed climbing the bars of his jail cell like a monkey. Many assassination researchers have concluded that William J. Bryan, a professional hypnotist with apparent connection to the CIA, may well have been the chief programmer of Sirhan Sirhan. Shortly after Wallace was shot, Bryan received an emergency phone call from Laurel, Maryland that, according to Bryan’s administrative assistant, concerned the Wallace shooting. Was Bryan involved with placing Bremer under mind control? (Idem.)
9. In AFA#8 , we examined the affidavit submitted by Robert Byron Watson in the investigation of the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King. According to Watson, individuals and institutions involved with the killing of Dr. King were also involved with murdering Robert F. Kennedy. Watson alleges that these same men also discussed the necessity of killing Wallace. Although they agreed with his racist views, they felt Wallace could not be “controlled” and had to be eliminated.
10. The second side of the broadcast details other connecting links between America’s political assassinations—again all supposedly the work of lone nuts. (The information is taken from “The Guns of November Part IV,” recorded on 11/22/1983.)
11. One of the elements that figures in the investigation of the assassination of Robert F. Kennedy is an organization called American United, run by two extreme right wingers–Anthony Hilder and John Steinbacher. The post office box they used for some of their activities was the same one used by the Edgar Eugene Bradley Defense Fund. Bradley was one of the people New Orleans D.A. Jim Garrison tried to have extradited to New Orleans in conjunction with his investigation of the assassination of JFK. Then Governor of California Ronald Reagan turned down the request. (The Assassination of Robert F. Kennedy by William Turner and John Christian.)
12. Shortly after the murder of Robert Kennedy, a “press conference” was staged by Hilder and Steinbacher at which an anti-Castro Cuban Jose Antonio Duarte alleged that Sirhan was actually being run by—you guessed it—Fidel Castro and communists. One of the attendees at this event was Ed Butler, a veteran intelligence operative who ran the Information Council of the Americas for Dr. Alton Ochsner. This organization arranged the interview with Lee Harvey Oswald in which he proclaimed his Marxist sympathies. This interview was broadcast all over the country after President Kennedy’s assassination, leading many to presume that communists killed President Kennedy. (Idem.)
13. In late 1967, Hilder attempted to pay for hypnosis lessons he had taken with a pistol and cartridges. He said he knew things, “big things, political things” and went on to say that there would soon be an event that would spark the most serious race riots in American history. He added that his associate might need the weapon for self defense. Months later, the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King sparked the greatest race riots in American history up until that time. Did Hilder have foreknowledge of the assassination of Dr. King? (Idem.)
14. the program highlights the actions of Thane Eugene Cesar on the evening of Robert F. Kennedy’s assassination. Working as a security guard at the Ambassador Hotel on the fateful evening, Caesar was identified by one eyewitness as the man who fired a shot [ostensibly returning fire] that “accidentally” struck Robert Kennedy. Caesar was in perfect position to have fired the fatal shots, standing behind Robert Kennedy. A number of things suggest that Cesar’s motives may not have been “accidental.”
Employed by Lockheed’s Burbank facility in an area allocated to work on the CIA’s U2 project, Caesar was a known political reactionary who hated Kennedy. [Among the evidentiary tributaries running between the assassination of Robert Kennedy and America’s other political assassinations is the fact that Lee Harvey Oswald was also associated with the U2 project. The security director of Richard Nixon’s 1968 campaign was James Golden, on leave from his position of director of security for Lockheed.] A doctrinaire racist, Caesar was in contact with American Nazi groups and has given contradictory information about his activities in connection with Kennedy’s slaying. At first able to precisely recount the number, location and angle of Senator Kennedy’s wounds [when interviewed by a broadcast journalist shortly after the shooting], Caesar later claimed not to have been able to see the event clearly and not to have distinct memories of the incident. The owner of a gun like that Sirhan allegedly used to kill Kennedy, Caesar claimed to have sold it to an associate several months before RFK’s killing. In point of fact, he sold the weapon to that colleague after the assassination. Later, the weapon was stolen from the home of Caesar’s friend, who had moved to Arkansas.