Spitfire List Web site and blog of anti-fascist researcher and radio personality Dave Emory.

News & Supplemental  

Sending a Message? RFK Jr.’s Wife Found Dead by Hanging

COMMENT: Receiving relatively little coverage, the assassination of Robert Kennedy is back in the courtroom, with Sirhan corroborating the “girl in the polka dot dress” element (following hypno de-programming), scientific evidence of more than one gun, and eyewitness testimony of more than one shooter.

If this case were allowed to unravel to the extent that it might, the history of the United States and the world itself would crack open like an eggshell. As discussed in AFA #9, evidentiary tributaries leading from the RFK assassination go to the assassination of his brother John, the assassination of Martin Luther King and the shooting of George Wallace.

Full disclosure in the RFK case would also uncover the intelligence community’s mind control programs.

In that context, “Vanfield’s” latest contribution bears further emphasis.

Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s wife was found dead of hanging, an alleged suicide. One wonders if a message was being sent. The late Ms. Kennedy reportedly had wrestled with psychological problems and substance abuse, which no doubt will keep the mainstream pundits satisfied. 

Obviously, we cannot say for sure whether Ms. Kennedy took her own life or was the recipient of “assisted suicide.” We would note in this regard that plenty of people struggle with substance abuse and psychological disorders and don’t kill themselves. 

Rush Limbaugh got hooked on “Hillbilly Heroin” (Oxycontin) and sought treatment for his addiction. He didn’t hang himself. (If he had, he’d have needed dock rope, plus a block and tackle. The most telling comment I’ve heard on Limbaugh came from comedian Mark Russell who compared Rush to the Hindenburg, although admitting that it was inappropriate to compare a flaming Nazi gas-bag to a magnificent airship.)

“Coroner: Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s Estranged Wife Mary Died of ‘Ashyxiation Due to  Hanging'” by Dylan Stableford [The Lookout]; yahoo.com; 5/17/2012.

EXCERPT: Mary Kennedy, the estranged wife of Robert F. Kennedy Jr., died of “asphyxiation due to hanging,” according to the results of an autopsy performed on Thursday.

Mary Kennedy was found dead in her Bedford, N.Y., home on Wednesday. The 52-year-old designer had struggled with alcohol and drug problems.

In 1994, the former Mary Richardson married Robert F. Kennedy Jr., an environmental lawyer and son of the late Sen. Robert F. Kennedy. The couple had four children together. Robert F. Kennedy Jr. filed for divorce in May 2010. . . .


2 comments for “Sending a Message? RFK Jr.’s Wife Found Dead by Hanging”

  1. Lewis Katz, the new co-owner of the Philadephia Inquirer, just died along with six other people when a private jet exploded during takeoff:

    Boston Globe
    Plane traveled 2,000 feet from runway, official says
    By Dan Adams, Jeremy C. Fox, Todd Feathers and Martin Finucane
    | Globe Correspondents and Globe Staff June 01, 2014

    BEDFORD — The private jet that crashed on takeoff at Hanscom Field Saturday night, killing seven people, left the runway and continued rolling through the grass, colliding with an antenna and bursting through a chain-link fence before it came to rest in a gully, where it was consumed by fire, a federal crash investigator said today.

    An airport employee has told investigators that the aircraft, which crashed at about 9:40 p.m. Saturday, never became airborne, said Luke Schiada, who is heading the National Transportation Safety Board probe of the crash.

    “Our information from a witness is that he did not see the aircraft break ground,” Schiada said. “The aircraft itself is located about 2,000 feet from the end of the paved surface of Runway 11.”

    Schiada said debris along the path of the plane included pieces of the plane’s landing gear.

    One of those killed in the crash of the private jet was Lewis Katz, 72, co-owner of The Philadelphia Inquirer, who had traveled to the area for a nonprofit fundraiser. Media accounts identified two of the other passengers as Anne Leeds and Marcella Dalsey.

    The names of the fourth passenger and the three crewmembers aboard were not immediately known. Schiada said the official release of victims’ names would be up to the Middlesex district attorney’s office. That office said it did not anticipate releasing any names today.

    Schiada said the plane, a Gulfstream IV manufactured in 2000 that was bound for Atlantic City, N.J., was fragmented and “most of it is consumed by fire.” Some of the pieces likely landed in the water at the bottom of the gully, he said.

    Schiada said the Gulfstream had flown into Hanscom at around 3:30 p.m. or 3:40 p.m., and its crew had stayed with the plane.

    Schiada emphasized that the investigation was at its “very beginning” and it was too early to draw any conclusions about the cause. He said there was no reason to think the crash was anything but an accident, though nothing had been ruled out.

    He said investigators would, among other things, scrutinize the pilots’ experience and the aircraft’s history; look for surveillance video; and interview witnesses. He said investigators were in the process of searching for the flight data recorder and the cockpit voice recorder for the plane.

    All seven bodies were found in the plane. Schiada said he was hopeful all the bodies could be removed by the end of the day.

    He said it was his understanding that there were no unusual communications between the plane and the tower before the crash.

    Investigators will develop a comprehensive report and send it to the safety board in Washington, which will ultimately determine a probable cause for the crash, Schiada said.

    “The sole purpose is to develop the facts, conditions, and circumstances and make recommendations to prevent future accidents,” he said.

    “Our thoughts and prayers are with the families and those who perished,” said Ed Freni, aviation director for Massport, which operates the airport.

    The tragic incident rattled residents who live in the leafy community near the airport.

    Jennifer Davies, a 40-year-old resident of nearby Saran Avenue, said she was sitting outside Saturday night enjoying her family’s new fire pit when the accident occurred.

    “I heard a plane take off, which is normal and something we hear all the time,” she said. “But then there was a small boom, and I heard the plane accelerate more. The engines really revved up. It just started screeching. Then there was a huge, gigantic explosion and I couldn’t hear the engines anymore.”

    Davies said after the large explosion, she heard one final, muffled “boom,” followed by a series of loud noises as the plane apparently plowed into objects on the ground.

    “Every time it would hit something, I would hear another explosion, then red embers and debris and things would fly up into the air. It was absolutely horrific.” The plane “just kept blowing up,” she said.

    Resident Jeff Patterson, 43, who also lives nearby, said the flames rose 60 feet in the air. His 14-year-old son, Jared, said the explosion rattled the house.

    “I heard a big boom, and I thought at the time that someone was trying to break into my house because it shook it,” said Jared Patterson. “I thought someone was, like, banging on the door trying to get in.”

    Firefighters arrived quickly at the scene and were able to extinguish the flames in a short time, the Pattersons said.

    The fire was fuel-driven, a law enforcement official briefed on the crash said. It produced mostly smoke instead of flames.

    Once the fire was out, investigators confirmed the passengers were dead and the scene was frozen so evidence would be undisturbed, the official said.

    Steve Cass, vice president of communications for Gulfstream Aerospace Corp., said the Gulfstream IV is a two-engine plane that is certified to hold up to 19 passengers but most often is configured to hold 12 to 16. The cockpit contains two seats, for a pilot and copilot, Cass said. He said the Gulfstream IV “has a very, very good safety record” and that the manufacturer would cooperate fully with the NTSB investigation.

    The plane’s tail number was N121JM. The Gulfstream IV plane registered under that tail number is owned by North Carolina-based SK Travel LLC, according to FAA records.

    A Gulfstream can hold as much as 4,400 gallons of fuel, but would commonly only fly with the amount of fuel necessary for the trip, Cass said. The plane did not take on fuel in Bedford, Schiada said.

    The flight-tracking web site, flightaware.com, showed that a Gulfstream IV with the tail number N121JM left Wilmington, Del., at 1:25 p.m. Saturday and arrived at Atlantic City International Airport at 1:33 p.m. It left there at 2:56 p.m. and arrived at Hanscom at 3:44 p.m., according to the site.

    Prior to that, the plane was last flown on May 20, when it went from Wilmington to Morristown, N.J., then to Cleveland and back, according to the site.

    Katz, a philanthropist and businessman who once owned the New Jersey Nets, had attended a fund-raiser in Concord Saturday afternoon at the Concord home of historian Doris Kearns Goodwin and her husband, Richard Goodwin, who was an adviser to Democratic presidents John F. Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson.

    Doris Kearns Goodwin and her son, Michael Goodwin, issued a statement saying, “The death of Lewis and his colleagues is a crushing and devastating loss.”

    NBA Commissioner Adam Silver issued a statement saying Katz was a “visionary businessman” and a “trusted friend and valued member of the NBA family.”

    Anne Leeds was a well-known member of the Longport, N.J., community and the wife of Longport Commissioner James P. Leeds Sr., the Press of Atlantic City reported on its website.

    Marcella Dalsey was executive director of the Drew A. Katz Foundation, and president of KATZ Academy Charter School, which she cofounded with Lewis Katz in 2012, the Inquirer reported.

    Former Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell said Katz had tried on Friday to persuade him to join him on the trip, but he had another commitment. Rendell told The Associated Press that Katz died at ‘‘maybe the high point of his life,” thrilled after winning an $88 million auction for the Inquirer, the Philadelphia Daily News, and philly.com.

    Posted by Pterrafractyl | June 1, 2014, 6:53 pm
  2. The investigation into the private plane crash that killed Lewis Katz and six other people just ended:

    Boston Globe
    Investigators have left Hanscom Field crash scene, NTSB says
    By Martin Finucane
    | Globe Staff June 10, 2014

    Investigators probing the private jet crash that killed seven people at Hanscom Field on May 31 have finished their documentation of the crash scene and left the area, the National Transportation Safety Board said Tuesday.

    A board spokesman said that a preliminary report could be issued by the end of this week, but cautioned that it will not outline potential causes of, or factor in, the accident. The report will only discuss “verified factual information that has been established at this very early stage in an investigation that is expected to last at least 12 months,” NTSB spokesman Peter Knudson said in a statement.

    Work documenting the scene was finished on Saturday, Knudson said.

    He said investigators have formed groups looking into the following areas: survival factors, airworthiness, operations, aircraft performance, flight data recorder, and cockpit voice recorder.

    The NTSB said last week that the Gulfstream IV jet reached a speed of 190 miles per hour before slowing down and hurtling into a gully. The plane’s flight data recorder showed that the brake pressures were rising and the thrust reversers were engaged, another sign the pilots were trying to stop. Experts said those two facts suggested the pilots were desperately trying to stop the plane.

    The NTSB also said the cockpit voice recorder captured comments about “aircraft control” at the moment that the pilot was supposed to pull the plane’s nose up and take wing. The NTSB would not say what the comments were.

    And here’s a bit more on the potential significance of the Katz’s successful takeover of the Philadelphia Inquirer:

    The New York Times
    Lewis Katz, Victor in Fight to Own Philadelphia Inquirer, Dies at 72


    Lewis Katz, a co-owner of The Philadelphia Inquirer who had only recently emerged triumphant in a battle for control of the newspaper, died in a plane crash on Saturday night in Massachusetts. He was 72.

    Inquirer executives announced his death.

    Mr. Katz, a New Jersey native who rose to become a successful entrepreneur and prominent figure in local political circles, and his business partner, the cable magnate H. F. Lenfest, had just won a heated auction for The Inquirer and its affiliated properties. On Tuesday, the two agreed to pay $88 million for the paper, the website Philly.com and The Philadelphia Daily News.

    The deal ended a protracted and acrimonious power struggle for the troubled newspaper, which had changed hands six times in less than a decade. Mr. Katz and Mr. Lenfest, known as Gerry, were already minority owners. They took over from their partners, George E. Norcross III, Joseph E. Buckelew and William P. Hankowsky.

    Described as a tough negotiator, Mr. Katz made millions of dollars from various business ventures, including parking lots and billboards.

    Mr. Katz was on his way home from a fund-raiser at the home of the historian Doris Kearns Goodwin when the private Gulfstream IV jet in which he was a passenger exploded in a fiery crash at a Massachusetts airfield late Saturday night. All seven people on board were killed.

    Only one other passenger, Anne Leeds, the wife of a Longport, N.J., commissioner, James Leeds, has been identified so far.

    Mr. Marimow said Mr. Katz had a “deep and abiding affection” for journalism, one inspired by an early stint working as an aide to the prominent Washington columnist Drew Pearson. The two men met when Mr. Pearson spoke at Temple during Mr. Katz’s time as a student, Mr. Marimow said.

    With the backing of Edward G. Rendell, a former Pennsylvania governor, Mr. Katz and a group of prominent Democrats wrested the paper away from its owners in 2012, amid accusations that management was exerting inappropriate influence over editorial decisions.

    “He wanted the newspaper to be owned by local people who would have an interest in the community,” Mr. Lenfest said by phone on Sunday, referring to Mr. Rendell. “He did it for a good purpose.”

    But Mr. Katz’s group soon faced similar accusations of its own, notably when Mr. Norcross installed his 25-year-old daughter, Alessandra, to run Philly.com even though she did not have experience as a media executive. Nancy Phillips, Mr. Katz’s companion — and a longtime editor and reporter at The Inquirer — was the paper’s city editor.

    Mr. Katz and Mr. Lenfest won their bid for the paper on Tuesday, ending a protracted battle among the politically connected men. The sale had been set to close on June 12 but will be delayed 30 days because of Mr. Katz’s death, Mr. Lenfest said. He confirmed that Mr. Katz’s son, Drew, would succeed his father on the new company’s board.

    So Katz was part of a group of local Democratic business men that bought the Philadelphia Inquirer in 2012 “amid accusations that management was exerting inappropriate influence over editorial decisions”. But then, after buying the paper, allegations about undo editorial influence was also being levied at the new owners, including Katz. Then a new fight over control of the paper took place between the new owners. Katz and his partner win the fight in late May of this year, an then, days later, Katz dies in a plane crash due to an unexplained mechanical failure.

    Now, assuming there was foul play involved in that crash, the obvious first suspects would be enraged business partners Katz had a falling out with. And yet it would also be insane for angry ex-partners to do something like that just days after Katz won control of the paper even if they were inclined to do something that extreme at all. So it raises the question: Who could have wanted Katz out of the way? And could the timing have been intended to send a message?

    Posted by Pterrafractyl | June 11, 2014, 6:47 pm

Post a comment