Speculative in nature, this program examines aspects of medical research, genetic engineering and their application to the discipline of biological warfare development.
1. The program begins with discussion of a projection by British medical experts. They forecast that genetic engineering will permit the development of “designer” biological weapons that would take advantage of genetic differences between various ethnic groups in order to kill certain specific, targeted groups, while leaving others unscathed. (“No Longer Science Fiction! Racially-Targeted Weapons May Become Reality Soon;” Reuters; 1/21/1999.)
2. In the context of the impending reality of ethnically-targeted, genetically engineered biological weapons, one should consider the potential implications of a new drug that has been designed specifically for African-Americans. (“FDA Paves the Way for First ‘Ethnic’ Drug” by Victoria Griffith; Financial Times; 3/9/2001; p. 16.)
3. This drug is ostensibly designed to prevent heart failure. (Idem.)
4. This broadcast poses an implicit question. “Might (or has) this technology been applied in such a way that this (or another) drug might cause heart failure, or some other debilitating or fatal illness?” (There are substantive allegations that contingency plans to eliminate African-Americans may be a political reality. This also relates to the “science” of eugenics.)
5. The British magazine New Scientist reported that Australian gene engineers had converted a mousepox virus into a deadly killer. (“Killer Virus: An Engineered Mouse Virus Leaves Us One Step away from the Ultimate Bioweapon;” New Scientist; 1/10/2001.)
6. The mousepox virus is closely related to the human smallpox virus, and the insertion of the molecule interleukin 4 (IL‑4) made the rodent version much deadlier. (Idem.)
7. Specifically, the virus destroyed the immune systems of the infected mice, and fit proved resistant to a vaccine that would normally protect mice from infection. (Idem.)
8. Scientists are afraid that, if IL‑4 were added to the human smallpox virus, it could become much deadlier. (Idem.)
9. Next, the broadcast sets forth a new, experimental AIDS vaccine that utilizes a modified smallpox virus. (“AIDS Vaccine Shows Promise in Monkey Experiments” by Paul Recer [Associated Press]; San Francisco Chronicle; 3/9/2001; p. A13.)
10. In light of the possibility of genetically altering the smallpox virus to increase its lethality, as well as the indications that AIDS was distributed through an experimental hepatitis B vaccine, the use of an altered smallpox vaccine in an AIDS vaccine should raise eyebrows. (The probability that AIDS stemmed from the application of genetic engineering to biological warfare is discussed in numerous programs noted above.)
11. It should be noted that this country is particularly vulnerable to an outbreak of smallpox, due to the relative scarcity of the vaccine. (“The Nightmare of Bioterrorism” by Laurie Garrett; Foreign Affairs; January/February 2001; p. 77.)
12. In addition, the existing vaccine has deteriorated, rendering the U.S. all but defenseless against an outbreak. (Ibid.; p. 78.)
13. Next, the program excerpts FTR#212. Highlighting the manner in which the SV40 virus causes cancer, the program reviews the role of a protein called large T‑antigen in neutralizing the P53 gene. (“The Virus and the Vaccine” by Debby Bookchin and Jim Schumacher; The Atlantic Monthly; February/2000.) 
14. The p53 gene prevents genetic irregularities (and resulting cancers) by killing cells that have divided imperfectly. (Idem.)
15. The failure of this gene figures in a large percentage of cancers. (Idem.) (The landmark work of Ed Haslam has highlighted the role of SV40 in causing cancer. SV40 was a contaminant in the polio vaccine of the 1950’s. There are numerous broadcasts with, or about, the work of Haslam available from Spitfire. Ed is the author of Mary, Ferrie and the Monkey Virus: The Story of an Underground Medical Laboratory. Copyright, 1995 by Wordsworth Press.)
16. The adenovirus (that causes the common cold) also deactivates the p53 gene. (“A Thank You to the Volunteers Who Step Up for Clinical Trials” by Tom Abate; San Francisco Chronicle; 3/6/2000.)
17. The adenovirus is being explored as a vehicle for “gene therapy,” (Idem.) This technique entails the use a virus with altered DNA to inject nucleic acid into damaged cells for therapeutic purposes.
18. Merck (the company that made the experimental AIDS vaccine) is now testing an AIDS vaccine that uses a modified adenovirus. (“Merck Starts Human Trials of AIDS Vaccine” by Mark Schoops; Wall Street Journal; 2/22/2001; pp. B1-B4.) At the core of the hypothesis underlying this broadcast, is the certainty that what Mr. Emory calls “the Underground Reich” may abuse some of these genetic engineering techniques in order to produce weapons of mass destruction and/or genocide. It should be noted that elements of this Underground Reich exist both inside and outside of government. They also are deeply involved with the medical and pharmaceutical industries.