The title of the program is a contraction of The Turner Diaries and Serpent’s Walk-two Nazi tracts published by the National Alliance-the most important of the domestic Nazi groups. In the context of what follows, it is important to understand that National Alliance’s books are intended as teaching tools and manifestos.
Beginning with discussion of the FBI’s awareness of Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh’s connection to white supremacist groups threatening to blow up Federal buildings, the broadcast reviews the similarity between the 9/11 attack on the Pentagon and the aerial suicide attack on the Pentagon described in The Turner Diaries. One of the most thought-provoking aspects of the investigation into the Oklahoma City bombing concerns McVeigh’s association with Andreas Strassmeir, a German neo-Nazi, former Bundeswehr officer and the son of Gunter Strassmeir-Helmut Kohl’s chief of staff and the architect of German reunification. According to an ATF informant who passed a lie-detector test, Strassmeir was the mastermind of the Oklahoma City bombing and McVeigh was his foot soldier.
Highlighting the similarity between Serpent’s Walk and The Turner Diaries, the program compares the takeover scenarios presented in both books.
The program concludes with discussion of the strategic use of Zionism and Jews as a scapegoat. Particular emphasis is on the career of Otto Von Bolschwing, whose protégé (Helene von Damm) selected the list of people from which Ronald Reagan made his cabinet appointments. In charge of SS intelligence matters in the Middle East, Von Bolschwing conspired with fascist double-agent Jack Philby and King Ibn Saud of Saudi Arabia in order to provoke the Arabs into siding with the Third Reich.
Program Highlights Include: Andreas Strassmeir’s association with American Nazi attorney Kirk Lyons; Nuclear and bio-terrorism as pretexts for establishing martial law; the role of neo-conservatives from the Reagan administration in Bush’s defense department; Von Bolschwing’s association with Allen Dulles and the CIA; the Von Bolschwing-Jack Philby conspiracy to promote British sponsorship of Jewish emigration to Palestine.
1. Beginning with discussion of recent disclosures concerning Timothy McVeigh’s association with white supremacist organizations, the broadcast relates the fact that the FBI was aware of those associations and apparently failed to communicate this to McVeigh’s defense. Recall that McVeigh was inspired by The Turner Diaries. “After the Oklahoma City bombing, FBI investigators gathered evidence linking Timothy McVeigh to white supremacists who had threatened to attack government buildings, investigative memos show. Several of the documents were not provided to the Oklahoma City bomber’s defense before he was convicted. And the FBI agent in charge of the investigation says he never received one teletype from his own headquarters that raised the possibility McVeigh was aided by other accomplices.” (“Memos: FBI Linked Okla. City Bomber McVeigh to White Supremacist Group” [AP]; 2/12/2003.)
2. The program reviews the climactic episode of The Turner Diaries, authored by the late William Pierce, the author of Serpent’s Walk. Pierce (the head of the National Alliance) has been quite candid in interviews that his “novels” are teaching tools for the Nazi faithful. It is not require a great leap of faith to see that the seed for the attack on the Pentagon may have come from The Turner Diaries. Although the correspondence is not precise, the suicide attack by a low-flying plane is reminiscent of the events of 9/11. (It is worth noting that Dr. Larry Ford —connected to the CIA and the South African apartheid government’s biological warfare program—was inspired by The Turner Diaries. Ford was connected to right-wing extremist groups in this country and abroad. “I conferred privately with Major Williams of the Washington Field Command for more than an hour on the problem of attacking the Pentagon. The military’s other major command centers were either knocked out on September 8 or subsequently consolidated with the Pentagon, which the top brass apparently regard as impregnable. And it damned near is. We went over every possibility we could think of, and we came up with no really convincing plan-except, perhaps one. That is to make an air delivery of a bomb.” (The Turner Diaries; “Andrew Macdonald;” Barricade Books, Inc. [SC] 1996; Copyright 1978, 1980 William Pierce; ISBN 1–56980-086–3; p. 201.)
3. “In the massive ring of defenses around the Pentagon there is a great deal of anti-aircraft firepower, but we decided that a small plane, flying just above the ground, might be able to get through the three-mile gauntlet with one of our 60-kiloton warheads. One factor in favor of such an attempt is that we have never before used aircraft in such a way, and we might hope to catch the anti-aircraft crews off their guard.” (Idem.)
4. “Although the military is guarding all civil airfields, it just happens that we have an old crop duster stashed in a barn only a few miles from here. My immediate assignment is to prepare a detailed plan for an aerial attack on the Pentagon by next Monday. We must make a final decision at the time and then without further delay.” (Idem.)
5. “November 9, 1993. It’s still three hours until first light, and all systems are ‘go.’ I’ll use the time to write a few pages-my last diary entry. Then it’s a one-way trip to the Pentagon for me. The warhead is strapped into the front seat of the old Stearman and rigged to detonate either on impact or when I flip a switch in the back seat. Hopefully, I’ll be able to mange a low-level air burst directly over the center of the Pentagon. Failing that, I’ll at least try to fly as close as I can before I’m shot down.” (Ibid.; p. 202.)
6. “It’s been more than four years since I’ve flown, but I’ve thoroughly familiarized myself with the Stearman cockpit and been briefed on the plane’s peculiarities: I don’t anticipate any piloting problems. The barn-hangar here is only eight miles from the Pentagon. We’ll thoroughly warm up the engine in the barn, and when the door is opened I’ll go like a bat out of hell, straight for the Pentagon, at an altitude of about 50 feet. . .” (Idem.)
7. The selection of the date of the attack is worth noting. November 9th is a date that the Nazis commemorated. It was the date of the Beer Hall Putsch in 1923 and “Die Krystallnacht” in 1938. “Thus end Earl Turner’s diaries, as unpretentiously as they began. His final mission was successful, of course, as we all are reminded each year on November 9‑our traditional Day of the Martyrs.” (Ibid.; p. 205.)
8. Highlighting the links between the Underground Reich and McVeigh, the program sets forth McVeigh’s links to Andreas Strassmeier, the son of Gunter Strassmeir—Helmut Kohl ’s chief of staff and the architect of German reunification. It is interesting to note that the Berlin Wall came down on November 9th. “Strassmeier’s links to McVeigh and America’s violent racialist underground are all the more curious given Andreas’s high-powered family background in Germany. His grandfather was an early member of the Nazi Party. Years later his father, Gunter Strassmeir, served as Helmut Kohl’s de facto chief of staff. A top Christian Democratic official in Berlin, Gunter was also a close friend and advisor to the chancellor. When the Berlin Wall opened in November [9th] 1989, they celebrated together in the streets.” (The Beast Reawakens; Martin A. Lee; Copyright 1997 [HC]; Little, Brown & Co.; ISBN 0–316-51959–6; p. 352.) 
9. Andreas Strassmeir’s attorney (and the man who brought Andreas to the United States and introduced him to the white supremacist compound at Elohim City) was Kirk Lyons, an Aryan Nations attorney. As discussed in FTR#27, Lyons represented a group of Nazis and white supremacists who were acquitted of plotting to bomb the Murrah building in the 1980s. “In 1991, Andreas Strassmeir’s American attorney, the ubiquitous Kirk Lyons, visited his client’s parents at their plush residence in Berlin. Lyons assured Gunter Strassmeir that his son was doing well in the United States. It was Lyons who helped arrange for Andreas to come to America in the first place. Lyons also introduced his young German friend to the folks at Elohim City.” (Ibid.; pp. 352–353.)
10. “On April 18, 1995, the day before the Oklahoma City attack, Kirk Lyons’s North Carolina law office received a fifteen-minute phone call from Timothy McVeigh, who again was using an alias. McVeigh had already cased the federal building in Oklahoma City. The militia movement went on high alert on the second anniversary of the Waco raid. That’s when McVeigh chose to attack, according to a federal indictment, which left open the possibility of a wider conspiracy involving ‘others unknown.’ ” (Ibid.; p. 353.)
11. According to Carol Howe (an ATF informant who passed a lie-detector test), Strassmeir was the mastermind of the Oklahoma City bombing and McVeigh was his protégé. “ATF informant Howe has gone so far as to peg Andreas Strassmeir as the prime instigator of the bombing She alleges that Strassmeir exerted an extraordinary influence over McVeigh. Strassmeir, who has since moved back to his parents’ house in Berlin, denies any involvement in the Oklahoma City massacre.” (Idem.)
12. Concluding the first side of the program, the broadcast notes the conditions under which the Nazi group “The Order” takes over the country. After a series of nuclear terrorist incidents that devastate the country and lead to a declaration of martial law, the group takes over. A desire to destroy the United States and wipe out “the Jews” unites the white supremacist movement and the Islamofascists in a common cause. “Last, and perhaps not least, everyone in the enclave is indisputably White-we dealt summarily with every questionable case-while outside it is the usual godawful assortment of White, mostly White, half-Whites, Gypsies, Chicanos, Puerto Ricans, Jews, blacks, Orientals, Arabs, Persians, and everything else under the sun: the typical, cosmopolitan racial goulash one finds in every American metropolitan area these days. Anyone who feels a need for a little ‘brotherhood,’ Jewish style, can leave our enclave. I doubt that many will feel the need.” (The Turner Diaries; p. 200.)
13. “November 2. We had a long meeting this afternoon at which we were briefed on the latest national developments and given new priorities for our local action program.” (Idem.)
14. “There has been remarkably little change in the national situation during the pat six weeks: the government has been able to do very little to restore order in the devastated areas or to compensate for the damage done to the nation’s transportation network, its power generating and distribution facilities, and the other essential components of the national economy. The people are being left on their own to a very large extent, while the System grapples with its own problems, not the least of which is its renewed uncertainty over the reliability of its military forces.” (Idem.)
15. “That lack of change is, in itself, very encouraging, because it means that the System is not recovering the degree of control over the country which it exercised prior to September 8. The government has simply not been able to cope with the chaotic conditions which now prevail throughout wide areas.” (Idem.)
16. “Our units have been doing everything they can in the way of sabotage, of course, just for the purpose of keeping things destabilized. But Revolutionary Command has apparently been waiting to see what sort of intermediate-term situation would gel before deciding the next phase of the Organization’s strategy.” (Idem.)
17. As indicated by the title, the program focuses on points of commonality between Serpent’s Walk and The Turner Diaries. Both “novels” involve a Nazi takeover of the United States and both takeovers take place after the U.S. is devastated by terrorist incidents involving weapons of mass destruction. In Serpent’s Walk, the weapons of destruction are genetically-engineered micro-organisms of apparently Russian origin. “The news they had picked up in Seattle was bad: many of the great Eastern cities were dead or dying; Houston and Dallas had been infected with a ghastly, bacteria-borne, botulin-like poisoning. Similar outbreaks were now being reported in Cleveland and Cincinnati and Pittsburgh and Boston and Portland and Salt Lake City and Miami and a dozen other places. The nation was being held together only by the most desperate measures imposed by frantic police, National Guard units, and the military. In Detroit, the FBI nabbed a man in the very act of emptying a vial of bacterial broth into a reservoir; the man swallowed the stuff and then leaped into the water anyway. Detroit was now off-limits to anybody not wearing an N.B.C.-nuclear, biological, and chemical warfare-suit. The Army estimated nearly a million deaths in Detroit already. The toxin was delivered through the water supply, but it killed more than those who drank it-and those who came into too-close contact with the drinkers as they vomited and coughed their lives away; wherever it collected, in holding-tanks and sewers, it fumed and bubbled and emitted bacteria-laden mists. When a fire set off a sprinkler system in a discount store in Cleveland, a thousand people died. It was the same all over; Russia’s science had been almost as thorough as America’s in the megadeath department.” (Serpent’s Walk by ‘Randolph D. Calverhall;’ Copyright 1991 [SC]; National Vanguard Books; 0–937944-05‑X; p. 145.)
18. “New York, Chicago, and Washington were cemeteries. Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Denver, and certain other Western cities had so far escaped. Perhaps the enemy’s distribution system had failed on the West Coast. Perhaps it was just slower, and Death was still on its way. . .” (Idem.)
19. Note that “dispossessed Palestinians and Iranians” were among those delivering the toxins in this scenario. Note also the reference to “Morgan, who served as the American representative for one of the movement’s conglomerates.” This is a thinly-veiled reference to the Bormann organization. “Who was spreading the toxins? The carriers were entering the United States along the drug routes: Miami and the Gulf Coast, the Canadian border and the deserts of the Southwest. Morgan, who served as the American representative for one of the movement’s conglomerates, had heard that most of these people were a motley assortment: druggies with habits so heavy they would risk anything for a pop of smile-dust; the usual dispossessed Palestinians and Iranians; criminals, psychopaths, and madmen whose hatred and greed outweighed their instinct for self-preservation; and mercs willing to escalate war beyond any usual ‘civilized limit.’ ” (Ibid.; pp. 145–146.)
20. A major focal point of the program is the strategic manipulation of Zionism, Israel and Jews as a scapegoat for the world’s problems. As noted , the Underground Reich has links to the Israeli right-wing and-through the Bormann organization–the Zionist movement as a whole. The rather fanciful notion of “Zionist” control of the government is not limited to Islamofascist or white supremacist propaganda. In a San Francisco Chronicle op-ed column, a Bay Area law professor construes the very real presence of pro-Israel, neo-conservative hawks in the Bush administration as the determining factor in the forthcoming Iraq adventure. This analysis is (in effect) a subtle manipulation of the “Zionist Occupation Government [ZOG]” posited in Turner Diaries. The Bush administration and the Republican Party are anything but “Zionists.” By supporting the Israeli right-wing, they can (partially at least) neutralize the traditionally Democratic Jewish vote and set up Israel for the annihilation long desired by the Underground Reich. In that context, one should note that a key element of the Republican Party consists of fundamentalist Christians, who see the forthcoming adventure in Iraq as part of “The End Times.” The re-establishment of Israel, the conversion of as many Jews as possible to Christianity, “Armageddon” and the annihilation of Israel are seen as the fulfillment of Biblical “prophecy” and events heralding the Second Coming of Christ. “Why the determination to overthrow the Iraqi regime? One key is the special regard of the hawks for Israel’s right-wing elements. A number of senior Bush officials, including Wolfowitz, Feith and others, have strong affiliations with the Likud Party of Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon (as documented by Bill and Kathleen Christison in the online magazine Counterpunch). Feith and Defense Policy Board member Richard Perle, for example, helped author a 1996 study for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu describing Hussein’s overthrow as ‘an important Israeli strategic objective in its own right-[and] a means of foiling Syria’s regional ambitions.’ Interestingly, the study for the Israeli government also advocated resort to pre-emptive strike‑a theme now taken up by President Bush.” (“American Jihad” by George Bisharat; San Francisco Chronicle; 2/13/2003; p. A27.)
21. “If an Iraqi attack on the United States is far-fetched, a rejuvenated Iraq could eventually alter the regional balance of power now favorable to Israel. Iraq is the only Arab state to combine oil wealth, water and a large population (more than 23 million), making it a potential powerhouse. War on Iraq would eliminate, for the foreseeable future, any obstacle to a disposition of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict on terms that satisfy Israel’s territorial ambitions on most or all of the West Bank.” (Idem.)
22. “Israel is quietly exultant at the turn in U.S. policy, occasionally hinting that Iran or Syria should be next. Israeli Deputy Interior Minister Gideon Ezra suggested to the Christian Science Monitor in August that a U.S. attack on Iraq will help Israel impose a new order, without Yasser Arafat, in the Palestinian territories: ‘The more aggressive the attack is, the more it will help Israel against the Palestinians. The understanding would be that what is good to do in Iraq, is also good for here.’ A U.S. strike would ‘undoubtedly deal a psychological blow’ to the Palestinians and would help Israel vis-à-vis Syria, Ezra added.” (Idem.)
23. “Does this mean that we are going to war for Israel, rather than the United States?” (Idem.)
24. The focal point of the remainder of the broadcast is Otto von Bolschwing, one of the principal officers in administering Hitler’s liquidation of the Jews. In addition to his own significance, Von Bolschwing is noteworthy because Helene von Damm (a protégé of Von Bolschwing’s) selected the lists of personnel from which Ronald Reagan’s cabinet appointments were made. It is Mr. Emory’s conviction that the Reagan administrations (and the administrations of both Georges Bush) are fronts for the “Underground Reich” and the remarkable and deadly Bormann organization.
25. Helene von Damm is a protégé of Von Bolschwing. Key aspects of her background suggest that her involvement with Von Bolschwing and her journey to the United States were both conducted under the auspices of the Underground Reich and its infiltration of the U.S. intelligence community. The Reinhard Gehlen spy outfit and the security directorate of the Bormann organization provided the vehicle for much of this infiltration, as did Allen Dulles’ Crusade For Freedom. Even when Gehlen was ostensibly working for the U.S., he was still clearing his actions with admiral Von Doenitz (who succeeded Hitler as the German head of state) and Franz Halder (who had been Gehlen’s chief-of-staff). This indicates that the Third Reich’s chain of command was still in effect.
26. Summarizing aspects of von Damm’s career, the program notes that she came to the United States after marrying a member of the same military intelligence unit in which Richard Clark (Reagan’s second national security advisor) had served. She divorced her husband shortly after coming to the U.S.-a common stratagem used by intelligence services to move people across international borders and establish them as citizens. She eventually married Christian von Damm and kept his last name, even after she divorced him. As of 1982, Christian von Damm was serving as the head of Bank of America’s La Paz (Bolivia) branch. (The question of whether Mr. von Damm may have been helping to bank some of the cocaine profits generated by Klaus Barbie and his “Bridegrooms of Death” mercenaries is one that suggests itself)
27. The concluding section of the program deals with Otto von Bolschwing’s cynical manipulation of Zionism as a vehicle for alienating the Arabs and inflaming their anger toward the British. In effect, the Jews were being used as “agents provacateurs,” in order to win the Arabs’ sympathies over to the Axis. The central question to be considered here is the extent to which the “neo-conservatives” referred to by Mr. Bisharat may have been included in Von Bolschwing protégé von Damm’s list of Reagan appointees in order to scapegoat them at a future time. To what extent are Wolfowitz & company fall guys for the Underground Reich? “Eichmann was replaced on the Middle Eastern scene by a far more skilled intelligence officer, Otto Von Bolschwing. Before World War II, Von Bolschwing set up an import-export business in Palestine as a cover for his espionage initiatives. He was an educated man from a good family and an enthusiastic supporter of Hitler. After the war, Von Bolschwing became one of Allen Dulles’s senior agents in the CIA.” (The Secret War Against the Jews: How Western Espionage Betrayed the Jewish People; John Loftus and Mark Aarons; Copyright 1994 [SC]; St. Martin’s Press; ISBN 0–312-15648–0; p. 46.) 
28. It should be noted that Bush family business associate Allen Dulles brought Von Bolschwing to the United States. Dulles and British spy (and Nazi double agent) Jack Philby were instrumental in helping Ibn Saud establish Saudi Arabia. “Dulles helped Von Bolschwing emigrate to California, where he established a business association with Helene Von Damm, later Ronald Reagan’s ambassador to Austria. In later years, his business went bankrupt and he was forced to surrender his American citizenship on the grounds that he was a Nazi war criminal. He was just the sort of fellow to get along well with jack Philby. He hated Jews.” (Idem.)
29. “In the 1930’s, Otto Von Bolschwing was a realist. He knew full well that the Moslem bigots would never accept even a token immigration of Jews to Palestine. Philby agreed. After more than a decade of anti-Zionist propaganda, quietly supervised by the British secret service, the climate was hardly receptive toward a homeland for the Jews in the Middle East. Still, there was profit to be made in the attempt.” (Idem.)
30. “In any future war, Von Bolschwing said, the support of the Moslem world was essential to Hitler’s plans. Not to mention that Philby and Ibn Saud could make a healthy profit by secretly ensuring Germany’s supply of oil. Hitler would guarantee that the Moslems received favored status. Indeed, they later had their own SS division, raised, ironically, from among the Bosnian-Moslem population subjected to ‘ethnic cleansing’ by the Serbs and Croats fifty years later.” (Idem.)
31. “The SS division was personally blessed by Philby’s old friend, the grand mufti of Jerusalem. The mufti had been Hitler’s honored guest and was even taken on guided tours of the Nazi death camps. Hitler promised that when Germany won the war, he would guarantee that the Arab states would be free of British colonial domination. They would be independent states, and full allies with the Third Reich. All of Philby’s dreams could come to pass. All that was needed was a little push.” (Idem.)
32. “Von Bolschwing’s proposition was simple. Philby should encourage British support for Zionist emigration schemes, penetrate the secret negotiations, and then leak them to the press, with the certain knowledge of the popular discontent that would result among Moslems. The Arab backlash to a new British-Zionist initiative might not drive the region into the arms of the Third Reich, but it would certainly keep the oil-producing Arabs ‘neutral,’ but actually tilting toward the Nazis.” (Ibid.; pp. 46–47.)
33. “It was no secret that Ibn Saud had more than a little sympathy for the German position on the Zionist issue. His extreme anti-Jewish feelings were made clear to a British diplomat in 1937. The king said his ‘hatred for the Jews’ stemmed from ‘their persecution and rejection’ of Christ and ‘their subsequent rejection’ of Muhammed. Ibn Saud added that ‘for a Muslim to kill a Jew [in war], or for him to be killed by a Jew, ensures him an immediate entry in Heaven and into the august presence of God Almighty.” (Ibid.; p. 47.)
34. “According to several of our sources, this was one of the aspects of Islam that most appealed to Philby. He had all sorts of schemes that could aid the Nazis, who meant business when it came to the Jews. Our sources say Jack obtained the king’s permission to become a double agent for the Third Reich, publicly helping the Jews, privately aiding the Nazis, always making a profit for the House of Saud and, naturally, himself. The scheme appealed to Philby’s clandestine nature. The more he worked to link Britain and Zionism publicly, the more damage he could do to the empire’s position in the Middle East. . . .” (Idem.)
35. “In fact, the king and Jack were playing a nasty little game with the Jews. Despite their ‘disagreement’ over the partition plan, in early 1939, Ibn Saud sent Philby to London to be on hand for the Palestine Round Table Conference. It does seem rather strange that the king would send someone whose views conflicted so clearly with his own. Apparently, Philby’s true mission was sabotage.” (Idem.)
36. “In order to set all sides against each other, Philby developed his own plan on the Palestine question, which he put to British officials as well as to the Jews and Arabs. In February 1939, he had a secret lunch with [Chaim] Weizmann and [David] Ben-Gurion, and introduced the Zionist leaders to Fuad Hamza, Ibn Saud’s long-time foreign affairs official. Philby offered the Zionists substantial Jewish immigration into Palestine if they would support the country coming under Saudi domination.” (Ibid.; pp. 47–48.)
37. “Weizmann was blamed when the ‘secret’ plan was leaked to the press, and there was no further progress. As will be seen, all of Philby’s schemes with the Zionists had a suspicious habit of coming to nothing. There is a definite pattern of sabotage, with the Zionists as ‘fall guys’ every time. Amazingly, the Zionists stuck by Philby for nearly five critical years, while he treated the game as an auction.” (Ibid.; p. 48.)
38. In evaluating the Bush administration, it is worth noting how many of its people were among those selected by Von Bolschwing protégé Helene von Damm. One should not fail to note that the martial law contingency plans were devised under the auspices of George Bush and the PCPG. These plans called for the deputization of paramilitary right-wingers in the event of a declaration of martial law.