This broadcast presents a number of existing or potential American political realities that should come to pass in a nightmare only. Unfortunately, this nightmare threatens to become a waking one. The show begins with a hypothetical scenario in which an American and/or Israeli strike against Iran’s nuclear facilities would precipitate a disastrous response by Iran’s Russian-built ship-killing cruise missiles, the Sunburn and the Yakhonts. Defenseless against these advanced missiles, the US Navy’s forces in the Persian Gulf could experience a disaster if Iran were to deploy the weapons against the Sixth Fleet. If this were to happen, it could lead to a much wider and potentially disastrous conflict in the Middle East. Another part of the nightmare is already coming into reality: the Christian Right’s enormous influence within the Bush administration and the effect that these “End Times” aficionados could have on US environmental policy and American educational policy. It would be difficult to imagine a foreign enemy having any more devastating effect on American society. The program undertakes an examination of a hypothetical concept: the possibility that the Underground Reich may have seized on the Christian Fundamentalist constituency in the US as a vehicle for the subjugation and/or destruction of this country and world Jewry. The program concludes with an article that discloses just how far the United States had slipped in recent decades—we aren’t “Number One” any more.
One alternative scenario is discussed in the program. Tehran has a major earthquake fault running through it that is overdue for a devastating quake. The possibility that seismic weaponry (Tesla-based HAARP technology) might be used to trigger a quake and destabilize Iran is not one to be too readily dismissed.
Program Highlights Include: Detailed discussion of the capabilities of the Russian-made ship-killing missiles; analysis of the apocalyptic scenario that could result from a US and/or Israeli attack on Iran; a chronicling of the already devastating effects that Bush administration environmental policy has had on the US; a 1944 projection that the Third Reich would ally with American Protestant fundamentalists in order to subdue the US; Nazi and CIA spymaster Reinhard Gehlen’s embrace of evangelical Christianity after his retirement from the BND (German intelligence).
1. The first part of the broadcast consists of reading and analysis of a terrifying article by Mark Gaffney. Detailing a scenario in which U.S. forces in the Persian Gulf could be devastated by Iran’s Russian-built anti-ship cruise missiles, this article might become reality if hostilities break out between the US and Israel on the one hand, and Iran on the other. Analysis and excerpting of the article can be found below. The text of the article itself follows:
Iran: A Bridge too Far?  by Mark Gaffney
Last July, they dubbed it Operation Summer Pulse: a simultaneous mustering of US Naval forces, world wide, that was unprecedented. According to the Navy, it was the first exercise of its new Fleet Response Plan (FRP), the purpose of which was to enable the Navy to respond quickly to an international crisis. The Navy wanted to show its increased force Continue original article... 
2. There are a number of points to be made about this article. One of them concerns the extent of superiority of the Sunburn and Yakhonts missiles over anything the U.S. has faced. “ . . . The Sunburn can deliver a 200-kiloton nuclear payload, or: a 750-pound conventional warhead, within a range of 100 miles, more than twice the range of the Exocet. The Sunburn combines a Mach 2.1 speed (two times the speed of sound) with a flight pattern that hugs the deck and includes ‘violent end maneuvers’ to elude enemy defenses. The missile was specifically designed to defeat the US Aegis radar defense system. Should a US Navy Phalanx point defense somehow manage to detect an incoming Sunburn missile, the system has only seconds to calculate a fire solution—not enough time to take out the intruding missile. The US Phalanx defense employs a six-barreled gun that fires 3,000 depleted-uranium rounds a minute, but the gun must have precise coordinates to destroy an intruder ‘just in time.’” (“A Bridge Too Far?” by Mark Gaffney; p. 3.)
3. “The Sunburn’s combined supersonic speed and payload size produce tremendous kinetic energy on impact, with devastating consequences for ship and crew. A single one of these missiles can sink a large warship, yet costs considerably less than a fighter jet. Although the Navy has been phasing out the older Phalanx defense system, its replacement, known as the Rolling Action Missile (RAM) has never been tested against the weapon it seems destined to one day face in combat. . . .” (Idem.)
4. The Yakhonts missile is even more sophisticated. “ . . . The US ships in the Gulf will already have come within range of the Sunburn missiles and the even more-advanced SS-NX-26 Yakhonts missiles, also Russian-made (speed: Mach 2.9; range: 180 miles) deployed by the Iranians along the Gulf’s northern shore. Every US ship will be exposed and vulnerable. When the Iranians spring the trap, the entire lake will become a killing field. . . .Try and imagine it if you can: barrage after barrage of Exocet-class missiles, which the Iranians are known to possess in the hundreds, as well as the unstoppable Sunburn and Yakhonts missiles. The questions that our purblind government leaders should be asking themselves, today, if they value what historians will one day write about them, are two: how many of the Russian anti-ship missiles has Putin already supplied to Iran? And: How many more are currently in the pipeline? In 2001, Jane’s Defense Weekly reported that Iran was attempting to acquire anti-ship missiles from Russia. Ominously, the same report also mentioned that the more advanced Yakhonts missile was ‘optimized for attacks against carrier task forces.’ Apparently its guidance system is ‘able to distinguish an aircraft carrier from its escorts.’ The numbers were not disclosed. . . .” (Ibid.; p. 6.)
5. Aside from the inherently disturbing possibilities discussed in this article, a number of questions suggest themselves. One of those questions is this: to what extent are members of the Bush administration deliberately seeking the apocalyptic scenario presented here? The administration is heavily influenced by what Mr. Emory calls “the Armageddon Lobby.” Is it possible that people within the administration deliberately seek catastrophe in order to fulfill biblical prophecy? One of the central questions asked in this broadcast concerns a hypothetical scenario presented in the book The Nazis Go Underground, excerpted below. Author Curt Riess ruminates about the possibility that the Third Reich—in its plans for postwar underground supremacy—might seek common ground with American evangelicals in an attempt to dominate the United States. With Otto von Bolschwing’s protégé Helene von Damm having selected the personnel lists from which Reagan made his presidential appointments, how many Underground Reich figures have wormed their way into the GOP and the US government?
6. One also wonders to what extent the Muslim nations of the Middle East are being utilized as proxy warriors to weaken or destroy what’s left of the United States? In FTR 359 , we viewed the projection of Adolf Hitler as embodied in doctrine possessed by Francois Genoud, an Underground Reich operative who figures in the Al Taqwa milieu. The people of the Third World were seen as warriors to carry on Hitler’s conflict against the allies. In a number of the programs recorded in the run-up to the Iraq war, Mr. Emory voiced his view that the US was falling into a trap set by the Underground Reich and its allies—a trap that would pit the US against the Muslim populations of what the Nazi geopoliticians called the Earth Island. It remains to be seen if Iran becomes one of these proxy warrior populations. In that context, one should remember that the Al Taqwa milieu is very close to the fundamentalist clerics who govern Iran. It is also important to remember that—in war—one makes use of the stupidity, shortsightedness and greed of one’s opponents. There is no shortage of these qualities in the Bush administration, which Mr. Emory believes is a Fifth Column for the Underground Reich.
7. At the conclusion of the discussion of Gaffney’s article, Mr. Emory notes that a major earthquake fault runs through Tehran, and it is overdue for a quake. One of the apparent capabilities of Project HAARP is its ability to precipitate earthquakes. The US and the former Soviet Union had a treaty on the use of environmental modification for the purposes of warfare, which specifically alluded to earthquakes. The treaty was on the books by the mid 1970’s. Do not be too surprised to see the Iranian impasse resolved by a devastating earthquake. That quake might produce social unrest and regime change, or might simply destroy the Iranian economy and neutralize the country’s nuclear ambitions. This broadcast was recorded on 1/30 of 2005. In late February, Iran experienced a serious, though not crippling earthquake. (The country is a major area of seismic activity.) It remains to be seen if a more serious quake on the fault running through Tehran has a bearing on the situation in Iran.
8. The next major portion of the program highlights an address given by Bill Moyers at Harvard Medical School. The address focuses on the grim prospects the Bush administration’s environmental policies hold for the future. In particular, the rise of fundamentalist Christianity has led some to disregard any harm done to the ecosystem as irrelevant with the return of Jesus imminent. Analysis and excerpting of the article are to be found below. The text of the speech follows:
On Receiving Harvard Medical School’s Global Environment Citizen Award 
by Bill Moyers
Published on Monday, December 6, 2004 by CommonDreams.org
On Wednesday, December 1, 2004, the Center for Health and the Global Environment at Harvard Medical School presented its fourth annual Global Environment Citizen Award to Bill Moyers. In presenting the award, Meryl Streep, a member of the Center board, said, “Through resourceful, intrepid reportage and perceptive voices from the forward edge of the debate, Moyers has examined an environment under siege with the aim of engaging citizens.” Here is the text of his response to Ms. Streep’s presentation of the award:
9. The Moyers address highlights once again the potential for the GOP’s Christian Armageddon Lobby to precipitate disaster. Just as an apocalyptic war with Islam as part of the End Times Prophecy would fit the Armageddon Lobby’s agenda, so, too would the physical destruction of the environment. Although some evangelical Christians embrace pro-environmentalism, the casual disregard of others of their faith for the sanctity of the ecosphere is frightening. In the discussion points that follow, we will examine a hypothetical point: the possibility that the Underground Reich may be utilizing the Born-Agains as a vehicle for the realization of many of their goals—especially the destruction and/or subjugation of the United States and the annihilation of the Jews.
10. Next, Mr. Emory presents a hypothetical element of discussion: the possibility that the Third Reich may have allied with Protestant fundamentalists in the U.S. at the end of World War II. That was a projection made in an anti-fascist book published in early 1944:
“Also of interest to Berlin—particularly in view of the coming underground fight of the Nazis—must be the Fundamentalist Protestants, who have a considerable following in Michigan, Kansas, Colorado, and Minnesota. To be sure, some of the Fundamentalists are among the most courageous fighters for democracy, but a great many of them are definitely pro-Hitler. Their reason for this stand is that Fundamentalists do not believe in freedom of religion, and they do believe that the Jews should be punished because they killed Christ. They say that Hitler has been sent by God to ‘save Christianity and destroy atheistic Communism.’ To many of them Japan is the ‘oriental outpost of Christianity’ destined to save Asia from the danger of a ‘Communistic China.’”
11. Suppose, for the sake of argument, that the planners of the Third Reich’s postwar underground strategy wanted to eliminate the United States as a competitive world power and wished to finish their extermination of the Jews. They would not have been able to plot a military solution to the problem with the U.S. in possession of the atomic bomb. They would have had to seek another solution. By encouraging a reactionary form of fundamentalist Christianity in the United States, they could gut the U.S. educational system—thereby denying the United States of the scientific and technical minds necessary to maintain scientific, technological and intellectual parity in the modern world. The despoliation of the environment highlighted in the Moyers address would, in time, decimate the American population, its landscape and natural resources. After much of the world’s Jewish population had emigrated to Israel, that country could be destroyed by hostile Muslim neighbors. (In this regard, one should not overlook the Al Taqwa milieu and its links with the Underground Reich. In his exhaustive series on 9/11 and related events, Mr. Emory advanced his theory that the Muslim populations of the Earth Island were being cultivated by the Underground Reich as proxy warriors against the U.S., Britain and the Jews—their erstwhile World War II enemies.) The Armageddon/End Times scenario so popular among the Christian Right (if realized) would “fit the bill” nicely.
12. Following his formal retirement from the intelligence field, General Reinhard Gehlen became a religious evangelist. Was this remarkable conversion in any way connected to the contingency plans discussed above in the excerpt from the Curt Riess text?
In the context of Mr. Emory’s speculation about the possibility that the Underground Reich may be utilizing the Christian Right as a vehicle for effecting the destruction and/or subjugation of the United States, it should be recalled that the Gehlen reported to Bormann’s security chief, Heinrich Muller and that Gehlen was clearing his postwar actions taken in conjunction with US intelligence with Admiral von Doenitz (Hitler’s nominal successor as head of state) and General Franz Halder, his former chief-of-staff. In his operations, Gehlen was operating as part of the Underground Reich.
“Today, on the threshold of three score years and ten, General Reinhard Gehlen has found a surprising new field of activities. He has become an evangelist. With still unimpaired energy he has taken over the direction of a campaign for building new churches and schools for the Evangelical Church in Catholic Bavaria. After a life of seclusion he frequently attends meetings all over the province at which appeals for new funds are launched; on occasion he does not disdain to visit members of his religious community in order to encourage the enterprise and to pass the begging bowl. . .”
(Gehlen: Spy of the Century; by E.H. Cookridge; 1973 [SC] Pyramid Books; Copyright 1971 by European Copyright Company Limited; ISBN 0–515-03154–2; p. 450.)
13. The program concludes with the reading of an article that sets the “We’re Number One” boast in context. We (the United States) aren’t number one anymore. Although it would be a mistake to ascribe all of the decline that the U.S. has experienced to the rise of the Christian Right and the Armageddon Lobby, their role in the dumbing down of America and the creeping return of this country to a pre-Enlightenment culture should not be too readily discounted. Has the “Gehlen Ministry” been deliberately pursuing this end? The Austin Chronicle article follows, and it speaks for itself:
No. 1? 
By Michael Ventura
No concept lies more firmly embedded in our national character than the notion that the USA is “No. 1,” “the greatest.” Our broadcast media are, in essence, continuous advertisements »continue original article»