Dave Emory’s entire lifetime of work is available on a flash drive that can be obtained HERE . The new drive is a 32-gigabyte drive that is current as of the programs and articles posted by the fall of 2017. The new drive (available for a tax-deductible contribution of $65.00 or more.)
WFMU-FM is podcasting For The Record–You can subscribe to the podcast HERE .
You can subscribe to e‑mail alerts from Spitfirelist.com HERE .
You can subscribe to RSS feed from Spitfirelist.com HERE .
Please consider supporting THE WORK DAVE EMORY DOES .
COMMENT: Discussing the events of the last week should be understood by listeners/readers as coming from someone who–for more than forty years–has researched, broadcast and written about the dynamics gripping the U.S. and the world.
Those dynamics have crested in the wake of the Floyd killing, validating the decades of research archived on this website.
In that context, I will dispense with the editorial “we.”
The feelings I have are best expressed through a poem I have read  in a number of programs:
“Be Angry at the Sun” by Robinson Jeffers
That public men publish falsehoods
Is nothing new. That America must accept
Like the historical republics corruption and empire
Has been known for years.
Be angry at the sun for setting
If these things anger you. Watch the wheel slope and turn,
They are all bound on the wheel, these people, those warriors.
This republic, Europe, Asia.
Observe them gesticulating,
Observe them going down. The gang serves lies, the passionate
Man plays his part; the cold passion for truth
Hunts in no pack.
You are not Catullus, you know,
To lampoon these crude sketches of Caesar. You are far
From Dante’s feet, but even farther from his dirty
Let boys want pleasure, and men
Struggle for power, and women perhaps for fame,
And the servile to serve a Leader and the dupes to be duped.
Yours is not theirs.
It might appear to younger readers/listeners that my feelings lack compassion or “engagement.” It may strike some as jaded.
It is impossible for me to feel surprise about what is going on, past a point. As disturbing as things are, they are anything but unexpected.
How can people possibly be surprised?
There is considerable evidence of white supremacists and Nazis inflaming political passions in the upheaval following the Floyd death to advance their own agendas. For many years I have discussed information  about white supremecists/Nazis/fascists  infiltrating police and military establishments.
The cast of characters in the Minneapolis drama rings familiar: Jesse Jackson , Al Sharpton , Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison , Dr. Michael Baden (who endorsed the Magic Bullet Theory for the House Select Committee on Assassinations “investigation” of the JFK assassination) and what the late Cecil B. DeMille would have called “a cast of thousands.”
A significant part of the posts and programs I have done over the years concern events and forces impacting the African-American community.
Just a few of those, and there are many:
- AFA #8 , dealing with the assassination of Martin Luther King.
- FTR #46 , highlighting the murder of Dr. King a decade after AFA #8  and again on the 50th anniversary of the event. Note that the Special Forces “A” team that was a backup unit to the civilian sniper who killed Dr. King had been deployed in the U.S. following widespread rioting in black ghettos in American cities in 1967 and 1968. (Ahem.)
- FTR #21  analyzing the behavior of Louis Farrakhan in connection with the assassination of Malcom X.
- AFA #23 , detailing intelligence agency operations in California, interfaced with local, state and federal law enforcement.
- FTR #39 , examining Mark Fuhrman’s political white supremacist associations and behavior in connection with the framing of O.J. Simpson.
- Numerous programs setting forth information about the O.J. Simpson case, including FTR #‘s 10 , 11 , 12 , 13 , 14 , 15 , 22 , and 23 .
- AFA #13 , focusing on the Ku Klux Klan.
- FTR #977 and AFA #7  presenting information pointing to the People’s Temple of Jim Jones as an intelligence operation.
- FTR #691 , chronicling the authorship of the assassination of Abraham Lincoln by the Confederate Secret Service.
- FTR #‘s 444  and 605  analyzing the Port Chicago explosion.
Just over two years ago, on the 50th anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King’s assassination, I spent 10 hours re-broadcasting AFA #8  and FTR  #46 . At the time, I was struck by the absence of substantive dialogue about the reality of Dr. King’s well-documented, cold-blooded assassination at the hands of key elements of our government. That lack of interest was shared by the African-American community, as well as the so-called progressive sector.
How can people who have come to calmly accept Dr. King’s execution get exercised about the death of George Floyd?
Political murder is an established way of life in this country. The poseurs in the so-called “progressive sector” who bloviate about “extra-judicial killings” remain blind to the ongoing dynamic that ended King’s life, as well as those of many others before, and after.
For that matter, how can people who have ignored and–at times–derided the irrefutable evidence of the descent of fascism on this country and the world be surprised at one relatively small outcropping of that darkness?
Perhaps it is because “They are all bound on the wheel . . . .”