Dave Emory’s entire lifetime of work is available on a flash drive that can be obtained here.  (The flash drive includes the anti-fascist books available on this site.)
COMMENT: In the 1930’s, there was a famous American criminal named Baby Face Nelson. In the second decade of this century, we are witnessing the activities of another American criminal of youthful visage–Edward J. Snowden. A career spook, Snowden  has, of course, been the source for disclosures about NSA spying on individuals and institutions.
Previously, we noted that Ron Paul  backer Snowden decamped to Hong Kong and leaked information about U.S. hacking of Chinese computers  just as President Obama was meeting with the Chinese prime minister Xi, embarrassing the President at a sensitive time.
(Users of this website are emphatically encouraged to examine in detail the previous, above-linked posts on this subject.)
Now, Snowden has followed up his Chinese “op” by leaking information about NSA spying on EU members. The most “spied-upon” EU member state is–unsurprisingly–Germany. The latest disclosure comes as Obama was preparing to meet with Angela Merkel of Germany .
The timing of this, on top of the “remarkable coincidence” of Snowden showing up in Hong Kong and leaking embarrassing information as Obama is meeting with Xi, is more than even the most credulous should believe.
As noted in a previous post, this incident strikes us as being remarkably similar to the downing of a U‑2 spy plane prior to the Eisenhower/Kruschev summit. In The Guns of November, Part I , we examined information from Colonel L. Fletcher Prouty indicating that the U‑2 had been deliberately sabotaged by CIA hardliners to frustrate attempts at improving U.S./Soviet relations. The leaking of the information to down the U‑2 was blamed on none other than Lee Harvey Oswald!
“Snowden’s Ride”, to coin a term, has all the earmarks of an intelligence operation, like the U‑2 gambit. Central to this is Thiel’s Palantir firm, almost certainly the developer of the PRISM function. As discussed in our last post, the notion that there would be two Silicon Valley software functions with identical names used by NSA/intelligence community is not credible. There would have been litigation.
Also as noted in our last post, we wonder what role may have been played in this by Michael J. Morrell, who brief Dubya on intelligence matters and who was at his side on 9/11. Note that Snowden also worked for CIA, as well as NSA. That “the Company” may be scoring points against a rival agency is also to be considered.
It should come as no surprise that the NSA would target Germany as a “hot spot” for electronic surveillance. An overview of the most important terrorist incidents affecting the United States over the last quarter of a century reveals important evidentiary tributaries leading to Germany:
- The bombing of Pan Am Flight 103  over Lockerbie, Scotland, in 1988 was executed in Germany. The bomb was placed aboard the plane in Germany and the bombers were heavily infiltrated by German intelligence. One or more of the cell of bombers was a German intelligence operative.
- The financing for the first World Trade Center bombing  in 1993 came from operatives in Germany.
- The actual mastermind of the Oklahoma City bombing , according to ATF informant Carol Howe, was Andreas Strassmeir. Strassmeir was a “former” Bundeswehr officer and the son of Chancellor Helmut Kohl’s chief of staff. Andreas’ grandfather was one of the charter members of the NSDAP under Hitler. The resemblance between Strassmeir and “John Doe #2” is striking.
- Not only did the 9/11 hijack conspirators coalesce in Hamburg, but there is strong evidence  that German intelligence was involved  with the attack. Many of hijacker Mohamed Atta’s associates  in South Florida were Germans . Atta was moved around under the cover of the Carl Duisberg Society  (Gesellschaft). (See text excerpts below.) In Florida, he was associating with the sons and daughters  of prominent German industrialists. (See text excerpts below.) Of interest, also, is the fact that CIA pilots apparently made a “run” to the Bormann ranch . (See text excerpts below.) This sounds like a regular route. In our conversations with Daniel Hopsicker, we have noted that the South Florida aviation milieu had been a focal point of covert operations for decades, dating back to the Second World War. The Bormann ranch was in the three-borders area highlighted in FTR #457 . Did the German associates of Mohamed Atta come up the other end of that pipeline?
- The “vacuum cleaner” activities of NSA/GCHQ have been known for a long time–we have done programs  about it dating back many years. The formal, public attack on the ECHELON network  began in 1998. That attack came from Germany and Underground Reich-associated elements such as the Free Congress Foundation.
- In August of 1998, several things happened almost simultaneously–as the German/EU/Free Congress Foundation/Underground Reich attack on ECHELON/Menwith Hill was gaining momentum, Osama bin Laden stopped using his cell phone and began using couriers for important communication. At this time, German intelligence had the Hamburg cell (of 9/11 hijackers) under electronic surveillance . German intelligence did NOT alert the United States.
EXCERPT: While the United States spies on all European Union nations, it spies on Germany the most, say papers supplied by a former employee of the top U.S. spy agency.
The rankings of what EU nations are snooped on, and how much, can be seen in a color-coded map of covert National Security Agency surveillance activities, EUObserver.com reported Monday.
Nations subject to the least spying activities are shaded green; those with the most red.
All EU members are various shades of green on the map. Germany is orange.
The map, called Boundless Informant, is among documents released by Edward Snowden, a former CIA employee and NSA contractor who says he is the person who this month leaked information about the U.S. metadata collection program known as PRISM. . . .
EXCERPT: In the 1920’s, Carl Duisberg, General Director of Bayer AG in Germany, envisioned sending German students to the United States on work-study programs. Duisberg was convinced that international practical training was critical to the growth of German industry. Many of the returning trainees later rose to prominent positions at AEG, Bayer, Bosch, Daimler Benz, and Siemens, bringing with them new methods for mass production, new ideas, and new business practices. Following World War II, alumni from the first exchanges founded the Carl Duisberg Gesellschaft (CDG) in 1949 to help engineers, businessmen and farmers gain international work experience necessary for the rebuilding of Germany . . . .
. . . . Daniel also notes that some of Atta’s German associates in Florida were sons and daughters of prominent German industrialists. . . .
EXCERPT: . . . A former CIA contract pilot, who once flew the run into Paraguay and Argentina to the Bormann ranch described the estate as remote, ‘worth your life unless you entered their air space with the right identification codes. . . .